Hey everyone, and welcome back! Thanks for bearing with me as I took a brief break over the holidays to rest and recharge.
2024 is going to be a fun year for me and Cthonic Studios - I'll be working on doing TTRPG stuff full time for at least most of the year. I've got so many things in the hopper and am so excited that I can focus on this kind of work, to recharge and flex my creative muscles - acquire new skills and experience in a different industry, and hopefully make some cool stuff!
I'm going to take a bit of a vacation until early February and then I'm going to dive headlong into a bunch of things.
So let's talk about those things.
I have about 4 TTRPG projects in various stages of completion, and I really want to get through those. The main one I'll be working on completing is (working title) Nix Noctis - a post-post apocalyptic story game. It's been a lot of fun and I'm hoping to have the first draft completed by the end of February.
I have a couple of other smaller modules almost ready to go for various systems. One of them is about 90% complete for Pathfinder 2e, though I still need to review how I will use the ORC License for that product. It wound up more complex than I was hoping, but I'm optimistic.
Likewise, I've got a few projects on https://ttrp.app - which is an awesome domain name, and I've got a couple of free-to-use tools in beta up there, but I'm not sure if I will have time to work on them, so TBD on what I'll be doing with that.
Major Changes to the Blog
- Ten Candles Settings will be wound down, and collated (hopefully) for settings that are appropriate to do so.
- That will also eliminate the only perk for signing up, so I'll be thinking up ways to make signing up worth your while.
- Map Mine posts will continue, but may become less frequent. I still plan on doing the next post in the solo gaming series, which is Ironsworn. That should be out in February.
- I'll have more posts in the Musings Category, lots of talk about game design philosophy and other general rpg thoughts. I have a lot of fun writing those and they've been well received.
- More product introductions - which are about half review / half how-to.
And that's it! I'm excited to do more in the gaming space for 2024 and I hope you all are excited to join me. To 2024!